If there is anything that has been the treasure of kings for centuries, and is even today still rare, it is an eiderdown comforter. Eiderdown is the most valued feather worldwide, obtained from the eider duck. Connoisseurs of comfort know there is nothing in the world quite like Eiderdown.
Every spring, the ducks come ashore from its habitat, the North Atlantic ocean, sheds 17 gram of grey, very light down and lays it into a nest to lay eggs. After the ducklings hatch, the eiders once again return back to the waters. The down left behind comes from mature female ducks. The premier quality feathers comes from healthy, mature ducks.
The thick nature of the feather enables it to hold more air, thus providing more insulation than other down that would fill the same capacity. This results into a thin comforter bearing incredible warmth to weight ratio, and soft pillows with an exceptional spongy feel.
See what other reviews we offer on our down comforters reviews page.
Features of Eiderdown Comforters
- 100% silk, 300 thread count, and these ultra-luxurious duvets also feature a smooth external satin piping.
- The Eider comforter cover has shantung weave, the natural white color of silk fiber.
- Eider comforters offer first-rate thermal insulation, but weighs next to nothing.
- Box-stitched squares allowing the down to maintain its loft, and holding it into place preventing it from shifting about within the comforter.
Cuddledown European Batiste Comforter
Paired it with Eiderdown and German Batiste, the world’s lightest feather proof fabric, this is a down comforter from a class of its own.
The comforter features box stitch construction to ensure even feather distribution and reinforce seams for a longer life.
- German Batiste, the lightest feather proof fabric
- Hypoallergenic Eiderdown Fill
- Ultra lightweight 350 Thread Count
- 100% Combed Cotton German Batiste Shell
- Eiderdown, the rarest and most luxurious feather.
- Six warmth levels available
- Oversized Queen and King available
- Color: White Eiderdown European Batiste Comforter
- Twin (68” x 86”)
- Full (81” x 86”)
- Queen (92” x 88”)
- King (107” x 92”)
- Oversized Queen (98” x 98”)
- Oversized King (116” x 98”)
Daniadown Duvet Collection – Eider Comforter
A deluxe comforter, the Daniadown Duvet Collection – Eiderdown Comforter puts you under its enchanting puffiness the instant you curl up.
Baffle box construction and double-stitched external ridges spread out the feathers consistently and keep it in place. The comforter features a Fluffy 600+ fill power and a 300 thread count 100% Swiss cotton cover; to provide incomparable softness.
To top it all, the eiderdown features Ultra-Fresh™ antimicrobial and hypoallergenic protection for those of us who struggle with allergies.
- 100% pure Icelandic eiderdown fill, 600+ fill power
- White 100% Swiss cotton cover, 300 thread count
- Ultra-Fresh™ antimicrobial & hypoallergenic protection
- Machine wash, hand wash, or dry clean
- Variety of sizes available
- Twin: 68 x 86 inches
- Full: 82 x 86 inches
- Queen: 90 x 90 inches
- King: 104 x 90 inches
- Super King: 112 x 100
- Regularly shake to refresh the down filling.
- Air outside to keep fresh.
- Spot clean small stains with a mild detergent and totally dry area with a hand held hairdryer.
- Machine wash warm with your preferred mild detergent.
- Dry completely on a low setting to prevent mildew.
- Repeated washing may make shell to become less down proof.
Another amazing but very specific type of goose feather is called pyrenees goose down, check out our reviews.